18 best web design books for the beginner
Practicing designer Aleksey Zakharenko has compiled a list of the best books on web design that you should read to stay on top and become a good web designer.
Almost all I have either read, or am reading now, or bought and they are waiting for their turn. I will not advise anything that I have not read or do not consider useful.
So let’s go!
Basics of web design
- “Web design”. (Jacob Nielsen)
- “Web design”. (Dmitry Kirsanov)
- “Don’t Make Me Think” (Steve Krug)
- How to Make Your Website User Friendly (Steve Krug)
- “Web-design. Usability of Websites ”(Jacob Nielsen)
- 100 Design Principles (Susan Waynshank)
- “Live typography” (Alexandra Korolkova)
- “New typography. A Guide for the Modern Designer “(Jan Tschichold)
- The Art of Color (Johannes Itten)
UX / UI
- “Interface. Interaction Design Basics “(Alan Cooper, Robert M. Reimann, David Cronin, Christopher Nossel)
- Emotional Web Design (Aaron Walter)
- “Adaptive design. We make websites for any device “(Tim Kedlek)
- Responsive Web Design (Ethan Marcotte)
Portfolio and earnings from web design
- Design Thinking: From New Product Development to Business Model Design (Tim Brown)
- Steal Like an Artist 10 Lessons on Creative Expression (Cleon Austin)
- Show your work (Cleon Austin)
For general development
- Manpower (Artemy Lebedev)
- Diary of a Maniac Designer (Iana Frank)
By the way, the author also collected all the books in one archive, which can be downloaded from the source.