29 tips on how to keep creating
Inspiration is a fragile and shy substance that requires constant nourishment. For some, these are travels or new books. For others, a strict regime or a certain sequence of actions.
Designers, advertisers, writers and artists often share their rules of effective creativity and personal secrets on how to awaken their creative inspiration in their daily professional routine.
The 29 tips below are simple and straightforward, but cover all areas from songs in the shower, to breaking all the rules as such.
1. Make lists
2. Carry a notebook with you everywhere
3. Try to write spontaneously by hand
4. Move away from the computer
5. Stop scolding yourself
6. Take breaks
7. Sing in the shower
8. Drink coffee
9. Listen to new music
10. Be open
11. Surround yourself with creative people
12. Get feedback
14. Don’t give up
15. Practice, practice, practice
16. Allow yourself to make mistakes.
17. Visit a new location
18. Rejoice in your luck
19. Get plenty of rest.
20. Take risks
21. Break the rules
22. Don’t force things
23. Read a page from the dictionary
24. Build structure
25. Stop trying to be perfect for someone.
26. Have an idea? Write it down
27. Clean up the workplace
28. Have fun
29. Complete something
Cover photo: ShutterStock