How to add biometric passwordless authentication to any web app
Have you heard of passwordless authentication?
Even if you haven’t, you have probably used it.
This article will tell you more about this logging method and present one of the best biometric authentication software – OnzAuth.
What is passwordless authentication?
Passwordless authentication is a way to log in to an application or system without the need to use a password.
Instead, ownership factor or inherence factor are required for logging in.
One of the well-known methods of passwordless authentication is email accounts or face recognition.
This logging method is becoming more popular, and according to authentication provider, Auth0, passwordless authentication will overtake password authentication by 2027.
What is the best biometric passwordless authentication tool?
Biometric passwordless authentication is the method in which one uses the physical self to access the system. In most cases, the physical attribute used is a fingerprint.
To set up biometric passwordless authentication to your site, you should use the software that installs the feature.
One of the most popular is OnzAuth.
Key features of Onz Auth
- The software allows users to create their Face ID or Fingerprint on the website.
- Only a few lines of code are required
- The whole process lasts for only 5 minutes
- It is accessible to all sites, no matter the language used
- OnzAuth integrates with any setup and works with all programming languages
- The software doesn’t store Biometric or Password information. All data stay on the website.
- The software is simple to use and integrates within minutes
How to add biometric passwordless authentication to your site?
As already mentioned, OnzAuth adds biometric passwordless authentication within minutes to any website.
Just follow the next steps.
- Go to OnzAuth webiste
- Sign up to get ClientID
- Add OnzAuth vanilla SDK to your website
- Add the following code to the script
const auth = onz.Auth( clientID: ‘Your Client ID’, isIframe: true, containerID: ‘yourDivID’)
- Call auth.showLogin() to get tokens and show the login.
- After you set this, you should log in to your site and turn on the WebAuthn (Biometric Device Centric) in the settings section.
When it comes to pricing, OnzAuth is currently in the Beta testing phase. This means new features would be included in the upcoming software version.
Currently, you can get this software for a one-time purchase of $49.
In the plan, you get the following:
- Magic Link Passwordless Login
- Biometric login (WebAuthN – Fingerprint, FaceID, PIN, Swipe, FIDO2 Devices)
- Color, logo, and text customization for email and UI
Some upcoming features OnzAuth plans to release are the blacklist and whitelist, user export options, analytics tab, custom claims, and advanced authentication flows.
There is a 60-day money-back guarantee. You can use this software for 60 months and get your money back if unsatisfied.
Passwordless authentication is convenient to use, reduces phishing and theft risks, and stops password reuse. It is also one of the fastest logging methods.
If you want to use the best passwordless authentication software that lets you create biometric authentication easily, choose OnzAuth.
Not only the software is simple to use and fast but has many additional features.
Also, the new exciting possibilities will come to OnzAuth after the Beta presale, so we definitely suggest you keep an eye on the software.